Emergency Housing

2 min. readlast update: 11.01.2023

Facing homelessness or a housing crisis is a daunting experience. During such challenging times, you need immediate support and assistance. That's where your state or territory government can step in. They provide various forms of temporary emergency accommodation, such as low-cost hotels, motels, and caravan parks. Additionally, they may also offer help with a rental bond.

At Claimfinder, we want to ensure that you know about these resources and can access them if needed. Here's a breakdown of the emergency housing services available in each state and territory and how to contact them:

New South Wales (NSW): 

Australian Capital Territory (ACT): 

Victoria (VIC): 

  • HousingVic
  • Contact Number: 1800 825 955 (Available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays)

Queensland (QLD): 

Western Australia (WA): 

  • Entrypoint Perth
  • Contact Number: 1800 124 684 (Available from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday. Closed on public holidays)

South Australia (SA): 

Tasmania (TAS): 

Northern Territory (NT): 

Please get in touch with your state or territory housing department to determine your eligibility for emergency accommodation. Always remember that help is available, and you're not alone during these tough times.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Note: While Claimfinder connects you with super claim specialists, we don't directly process claims or offer legal/financial advice. For more information about our services and responsibilities, please refer to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
Was this article helpful?